All fundraising stems from solid relationships. In this fun and lively workshop led by Lori Smith-Britton, you will learn how to research, identify, and engage private corporate and foundation “friends,” and get tips and tricks for writing a compelling and competitive grant. This hands-on, half day training is an excellent introduction to corporation and foundation relations and grant writing. Additionally, participants will learn about:
- Trends in corporate and foundation philanthropy, the various kinds of foundations, and unique approaches for reaching each of them.
- Research and identification of prospective funders via the internet and other resources (“who should I ask for what?”).
- Building relationships with corporations and foundations and engaging funders in your organization’s mission.
- Developing the program narrative in a way that highlights the most important elements from the funder’s perspective, including language and formatting.
- Accurate and timely reporting.
- The basics of the grant writing process.